Wednesday, May 18, 2016

2 Jennifer




Ok let me start of by apologizing. This film is a sequel to the film Jennifer. I'm not apologizing for that, I'm apologizing for the fact I did not know that before watching so I never saw part one. I guess that's not a bad thing for you as I have nothing to compare this to. Nothing.

2 Jennifer is a horror film first and foremost, it's also a handheld film. Sort of. Its the story of a filmmaker. See the director of Jennifer wants to do a sequel but he doesn't want to make it. He lets a fan make it. Too bad the fan in question is a weirdo.

He wants to shoot the film entirely on an iPhone and being the film is Jennifer 2 he will only cast a girl named Jennifer in the lead role.  He spends a lot of time making calls, meeting his buddies roommates and prepping for this film. Throughout this process we also see how he's basically insane.
The film starts slow but picks up once our filmmaker finds his Jennifer and basically just wants to kill and torture her for real. That's where the payoff hits. The closing act is incredibly shocking and a fantastic payoff.

The iPhone handheld camera is a nice touch and not overdone in terms of shaky cam style. The acting is good and the script is very tight. My only issue is the slow build up. Don't get me wrong the payoff is great but the pacing could have been a little quicker to start.

Overall though this film is unique and a must watch for horror fans


Over all 2.5 out of 3 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment